Upon the instructions of the Engineer, Capita Buildings and Infrastructure acting on behalf of the Client, Barnet London Borough Council, Quantum was commissioned to undertake joint ground investigation works at Barnet Copthall Leisure Centre and Victoria Recreation Ground, New Barnet. The Client proposed to redevelop the existing facilities on the two sites, to include a new leisure complex with associated outdoor playing fields and ancillary features and parking.
- 13 cable percussive boreholes to 20m depths with in-situ testing and sampling.
- 60 windowless sample boreholes less than 5m in depth.
- 6 machine excavated trials pits for contaminant land and geotechnical.
- Installation of groundwater and land gas monitoring standpipes.
- Laboratory testing and post-fieldwork monitoring.
All works undertaken under supervision of an EOD Supervisor and following ground surveys using magnetometer probing techniques for UXO.